Re: Forms45 call perl/sql*plus?

From: Ranganathan Chakravarthi <ranga_at_shell.one.net>
Date: 1997/02/18

Candy Robinson (candy_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com) wrote:
: I am new to Oracle tools, and running a tight deadline like everyone
: else. My dba is tied up and I am on my own. When I try to run my
: Oracle*reports 2.5 I get UI errors (can create a report, but can't run
: it. This used to work before system was upgraded). Not having dba
: support to fix this, I want to run a SQL*Plus script to create a
: report. Can I use a button trigger (Print Report) to call a SQL*Plus
: script?
: Also, I have a perl script and a pl/sql procedure that I want to
: call from a button trigger (Button --> perl --> pl/sql --> back to
: form). Can this be done? Any and all help greatly appreciated. Thanks!
: --Candy
: --
: Sandra (Candy) Robinson Boeing Defense & Space -- Irving Co.
: candy_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com P.O. Box 152707, MS TR-56
: (972) 659-2558 Irving, TX 75015-2707
: -------
: It takes all the running you can do to keep in the same place. If you want to
: get somewhere else you must run twice as fast as that.
: --Alice, in Lewis Carroll's "Through the Looking Glass"

You can use the DBMS_PIPE package.

  • Ranga
    life, n.: That brief interlude between nothingness and eternity.
    Ranga Chakravarthi e-mail: ranga_at_one.net