Re: Forms 4.5 : Change the default directory of class properties ?

From: Ganapathy Ramesh <gvramesh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/02/16

N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg> wrote:

>JF Guichon <chogui_at_mail.starnet.unisoft.fr> wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm trying to use a class by reference from a form named class.fmb.
>>It's work fine only when I put this one in my working directory.
>>With any others, Dev/2000 can't find the class reference (of course, I
>>remove PATH when I create the reference ).
>>
>>Thanks for help (please reply by mail)
>
>Hi there,
>
>Edit your Oracle.ini and add the exact path under FORMS45_PATH. During
>execution, forms will look into all these directories for the existence
>of the new form.
>
>Hope it helps..
>
>Regards
>
>N.Prabhakar

Hello !
Thought I would add my bit too. You could simply start the form in the directory where all your FMX's are resident and place class.fmb/fmx in the same directory. It really depends on your environment. If your class.fmx requires to be in another directory apart from your production forms, then yes, use the PATH parameter in ORACLE.INI. But if your production environment is such that all applications start in a single directory, then simply move all FMXs and PLLs into the same directory making sure that there is no path reference, and "start" the form in that directory.

Ramesh

Ramesh Received on Sun Feb 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message