Re: Converting Access queries to ANSI SQL

From: Richard G. Ramirez <ou79138_at_deere.com>
Date: 1997/02/14

Here are two ideas/comments, not sure if they really help:

  • Someone commented on the switch on the ODBC manager. It logs the SQL generated by Access when it uses an external ODBC source. No help if the tables are in the local Access database.

    If you look at the log, you'll have a lot of garbage to sift through because

    it logs individual fetches.

  • If you are using Access to go to Oracle, you can look at V$SQLAREA or V$SQLTEXT to see the actual code. It takes some work. I have done it occassionally.

 Also keep in mind whether using ODBC or the V$ views that ODBC and Access may do extra work. So you are not looking at the entire processing (please someone prove me wrong).

Good Luck,

Richard