Re: FORMS45 select distinct problem

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/02/13

In article <855610482.25718_at_dejanews.com>, <karen_at_tag.com> wrote:
>Question with Oracle Forms45 select clause. I want to be able to do a
>select distinct based on 4 columns that exist with in my block that I am
>displaying. Does anyone know a way to do this where I do not have to
>create a view???

You can't do it with Forms default processing, but you can by setting up your own select statement in a cursor and fetching rows from the cursor in a loop. The loop would need to do a Next_Record to cycle through the rows in your block, populating the items in each row with the items fetched.

HTH
Steve Cosner

Try out my dynamic data utility form, QA. Quick display and update access to any table. http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Thu Feb 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message