Oracle WebServer/Java access problem

From: Aardvark <dnelson_at_black-hole.com>
Date: 1997/02/05

Hi,

I'm currently trying to get a Java applet to access an Oracle database via the web server, and am having trouble as follows:

I can't even get logged on to the database. As soon as I try to log on, it seems like the Session object throws an exception, except that I can't seem to catch it. Execution never goes beyond the login function call. I set up a handler for each possible exception, but none of them seem to get called. The program does not hang, though, and no errors are reported. It's like when it hits the login call, it skips to the end of the function and that's it.

Does anyone know of anything in Java that could cause this to happen? I'm using Visual J++ 1.0.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA,

Dan Nelson Received on Wed Feb 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message