Lotus Approach as ORACLE Front End

From: DurwinSmit <durwinsmit_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/02/02

We do development of corporate mission-critical applications in Dev/2000, but I'd like to offer end users a simpler tool which would permit them to build simple applications and produce basic reports on their own. I suspect that there may also be times when professional developers would find it efficient to use an end-user oriented tool to develop simple applications quickly.

Since Lotus Approach has been selected the best end-user DBMS in a number of reivews, it seems a good place to begin looking for an easy-to-use front end to Oracle back-end data bases. Also, it doesn't hurt that it is priced much below tools which are developed as enterprise class products.

Therefore, I'm interested in any experience anyone may have in employing Approach as a tool for developing applications or producing reports against Oracle data bases. I'm interested in any limitations that you may have run across, ease of use, bugs, performance, etc.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have on this!

(You can also reach me at 72020.1416_at_compuserv.com) Received on Sun Feb 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message