Re: some OPO-Questions

From: Rick Greenwald <greenie_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1997/02/02

Bernhard Weichel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1. How can I read an application written using "save to file"?

In Version 2, I have been using this extensively, with problems. Sometimes when I write to a file and then try to read it in, I get an error that the filetype is wrong. I just write to file again and it seems to work. It may have something to do with the file handles, since I can only seem to read a file once.

> 2. How can I provide context menus

Not sure what you mean.

> 3. How can I provide tooltips

You would have to use an OCX that does this for you, such as the CSList.

> 4. How can I invoke an OLE-Server in its own window?

You can't use OPO as an OLE client in 2.0. As far as launching an app in its own server, you might want to try to use some DLL call - not sure which.

Hope this helps.

  • Rick Greenwald The Power Objects Pro at www.inquiry.com