Re: Help: Application (developer/2000) developed on Win/95 and executing on Win/NT

From: Dan Peacock <dpeacock_at_voyager.net>
Date: 1997/01/23

Jon Teodoro wrote:

> hirens_at_meghdoot.mastek.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I have a customer who has Developer/2000 on Win 95. The deployment shall
> > be on Win NT. Is it possible to develope on Win 95 and deploy it on Win NT.
> > Win NT has only runtime of Developer/2000. Is this possible ?
> >
> > Oracle pre-sales customer says that is not an issue but I would like to know
> > if it there are any problems.
>
> Hi,
>
> The thing to consider is the NT version you wish to deploy to. As far
> as I know (for release 1.3), Oracle does not support NT version 4. You
> can go and use it on version 3.51.
>
> Good Luck

We are running Designer and Developer 2K on out NT 4.0 workstations with no problems at all. Whether or not Oracle supports NT 4.0 is something that I don't know, but when I have called in for support they didn't ask me which version of NT I was running on.

Regards!

Dan Peacock
Systems Engineer
Great Lakes Hybrids, Inc. Received on Thu Jan 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message