Designer 2K - Systems Modelling problem

From: <tdrudy_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/01/16

[Quoted] Hi again,

[Quoted]         Pls read below.

        I appreciate the responses I've gotten thus far via email and posted, but nothing seems to work. After reinstalling Designer 2K, I test it by creating a repository and then an application system, then--as it suggests in the install guide--call up the ER Diagrammer and see if it will write/save a dummy ERD. Well, I can call up the ERD thru GUI/Run>>>File, but no luck: it hourglasses for 1.5 minutes then leaves you in ERD, unconnected. I stress that every other tool in Designer 2K works/connects just fine, but none of the three Systems Modelling Tools will connect at all. Nothing in the repository is invalid, and trying to run it from the NT Run>>>File produces the same result: the tool is called up, but will not connect. I've run trace at admin level on it and it shows no errors, nor are there any errors in the sqlnet.log files (server + client). The connect strings are solid. What am I missing???

        Are there any other requirements to run the ERD?

        Please save me from an early grave : any suggestions extremely welcome!!

                Thanks to all,

                Tom Rudy