Re: selecting text in the current field

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/01/13

In article <ABO0aroqVJ_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA>, Dwayne K. King <dwayne_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA> wrote:
>I am currently working on a simple validation form that must do the
>following: the user enters an account number, the form tells the user if the
>account number is valid or not. That's it.
>
>What I am having trouble with, is that I want the text in the account number
>field to be selected when the the validity has been determined (either way),
>so that the user can just start typing to enter the next number. i.e. they
>don't have to manually delete the number that was in the field to enter the
>next one. I want the information currently in the field to be highlighted.
>
>I could obviously just null out the field after performing the check, but the
>user prefers to have the last account checked still up on the screen.

Forms has no method of doing what you are trying. They aren't even consistent when you move from one item to another, or one record to the next. I sure wish they would fix this...

Try copying each good account number to another item on the form, and null-out the real input item, making it ready for the next input.

I know this isn't exactly what you want, but it might be a workable solution.

Steve Cosner Received on Mon Jan 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message