Re: SQLFORMS*3.0 & V7.3

From: Kevin Sheen <sheenk_at_fyi.net>
Date: 1997/01/08

"Metro T. Sauper, Jr." <msauper_at_harcourtbrace.com> wrote:

>Has anyone successfully connected to Oracle v7.3 from SQL*FORMS 3.0 with
>out using the TWO_TASK variable (ie - a local database connections). We
>are getting an Oracle error "End of Communication Channel" when we try.
>Using TWO_TASK works, but this causes other concerns.
>
>Metro.
>
>----------
>msauper_at_harcourtbrace.com

This is what I got from Oracle about that (sorry about the length):

                              Oracle Corporate Support
                                 Problem Repository

1. Prob# 1013914.6  SQL*FORMS 3.0 BASE TABLE INSTALLATION
2. Soln# 2062050.6  SQL*FORMS 3.0 BASE TABLE INSTALLATION
3. Prob# 1019185.6 USING SQL*FORMS 3.0 WITH RDBMS V7.3.X ON UNIX 4. Soln# 2067487.6 INSTALL FORMS 3.0 IN A SEPARATE DIRECTORY
  1. Prob# 1013914.6 SQL*FORMS 3.0 BASE TABLE INSTALLATION
Problem ID          : 1013914.6
Affected Platforms  : Generic: not platform specific
Affected Products   : Oracle7 Server
Affected Components : IAD V03.00.XX
Affected Oracle Vsn : Generic

Problem Description:

This entry provides step-by-step instructions on how to install the base
tables for SQL*Forms 3.0. This information is from Bulletin #105619.453.

If these base tables are not installed, you will experience the following
error:

        ORA-942: Table or view does not exist

+==+

Diagnostics and References:

  • {423.6,Y,100} INSTALLING BASE TABLES FOR ORACLE FORMS
  • {4443.6,Y,100} SQL*FORMS 3.0
 ref: {5686.6} BUL-105619.453

2. Soln# 2062050.6 SQL*FORMS 3.0 BASE TABLE INSTALLATION

Solution ID         : 2062050.6
For Problem         : 1013914.6
Affected Platforms  : Generic: not platform specific
Affected Products   : Oracle7 Server
Affected Components : IAD V03.00.XX
Affected Oracle Vsn : Generic

Solution Description:

This information can also be found in Bulletin #105619.453, last revised on
May 21, 1994.

                   (V3) SQL*Form 3.0 Base Table Installation

SQL*Forms saves all its data in the database base tables. If those tables,
views, or synonyms do not exist, attempts to create, open, or save a form will
raise the error message:

        ORA-942: Table or view does not exist

This bulletin explains how to install these base tables.

Before installing the base tables, you need to check if they already exist.

Log into SQL*Plus as SYSTEM (by default the password is MANAGER) and type the
following:

        SELECT owner || ' , ' || object_name || ' , ' || object_type

	  FROM     sys.dba_objects
	  WHERE    object_name like 'FORM%'
	  ORDER BY owner, object_type, object_name;

You should see 38 rows returned:

	PUBLIC , FORM_APP , SYNONYM
	PUBLIC , FORM_AUTHUSER , SYNONYM
	PUBLIC , FORM_BLK , SYNONYM
	PUBLIC , FORM_COMMENT , SYNONYM
	PUBLIC , FORM_FLD , SYNONYM
	PUBLIC , FORM_MAP , SYNONYM
	PUBLIC , FORM_PAGE , SYNONYM
	PUBLIC , FORM_PROCEDURE , SYNONYM
	PUBLIC , FORM_REFERENCE , SYNONYM
	PUBLIC , FORM_SQLTXT , SYNONYM
	PUBLIC , FORM_TRG , SYNONYM
	PUBLIC , FORM_TRIGGER , SYNONYM
	PUBLIC , FORM_USER , SYNONYM

	SYSTEM , FORM_APP_ , TABLE
	SYSTEM , FORM_BLK_ , TABLE
	SYSTEM , FORM_COMMENT_ , TABLE
	SYSTEM , FORM_FLD_ , TABLE
	SYSTEM , FORM_MAP_ , TABLE
	SYSTEM , FORM_PAGE_ , TABLE
	SYSTEM , FORM_PROCEDURE_ , TABLE
	SYSTEM , FORM_REFERENCE_ , TABLE
	SYSTEM , FORM_SQLTXT_ , TABLE
	SYSTEM , FORM_TRG_ , TABLE
	SYSTEM , FORM_TRIGGER_ , TABLE
	SYSTEM , FORM_USER_ , TABLE

	SYSTEM , FORM_APP , VIEW
	SYSTEM , FORM_AUTHUSER , VIEW
	SYSTEM , FORM_BLK , VIEW
	SYSTEM , FORM_COMMENT , VIEW
	SYSTEM , FORM_FLD , VIEW
	SYSTEM , FORM_MAP , VIEW
	SYSTEM , FORM_PAGE , VIEW
	SYSTEM , FORM_PROCEDURE , VIEW
	SYSTEM , FORM_REFERENCE , VIEW
	SYSTEM , FORM_SQLTXT , VIEW
	SYSTEM , FORM_TRG , VIEW
	SYSTEM , FORM_TRIGGER , VIEW
	SYSTEM , FORM_USER , VIEW

You need to install the base objects if the query above returns no row or any
table above is missing. Describe the tables above if you are running Oracle
V7. If the tables has columns of CHAR instead of VARCHAR2, the base tables
will need to be reinstalled.

Here are the scripts for setting up base objects for SQL*Forms version 3.0.

BEFORE ANY SCRIPT IS EXECUTED, MAKE SURE THERE IS A BACKUP OF THE DATABASE OR
EVERY FORM HAS A INP FILE (AN INP FILE IS AN ASCII COPY OF A FORM. IT CAN BE
CREATED BY GENERATING A FORM IN THE DESIGNER).      You should first log into SQL*Plus as SYSTEM. If the database is Oracle V7,
type the following at the SQL*Plus prompt:

        set compatibility V6

Now run the following scripts with the syntax "start <script name>" (e.g.
start iaddrop.sql) at SQL*Plus prompt:

  1. iaddrop.sql (only necessary if the base objects already exist)
  2. iadtable.sql - create base tables
  3. iadindex.sql - create index on the base tables
  4. iadview.sql - create base views
  5. iadgrant.sql - create public synonyms

The location of the scripts:

  1. On VMS, they are under the directory pointed by logical ORA_SQLFORMS30.
  2. On Unix, they are under $ORACLE_HOME/forms30/admin.
  3. On DOS, the scripts do not need to be run separately. At the DOS prompt, type:

           FORMINS system system_password

           This should install the base objects automatically. However, if you

           intend to run the scripts manually, they are under the DBS
           directory.

	4. On VM, they are on the DBA disk.

	5. On MVS, they are in the SQL library.

                                             Oracle WorldWide Customer