Forms 4.5 (Graphics 2.5) Memory Leak

From: BEtter5150 <better5150_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/01/05

I'm using Dev2K 1.2 (and 1.3 for testing) on Windows NT with the Oracle Server on a RS6000.

I have a form that contains Graphics 2.5 charts that has to run for very long periods of time (indefinately if possible) unattended. I'm using them for performance tracking of manufacturing equipment. The data the for displays is updated every five minutes, and thus the form is 'refreshed' every five minutes to reflect the most current data.
My problem is this: After a few days the NT stations are out of virtual memory and the hard drives are thrashing continuously. The computer has to be rebooted. Has anyone else seen this kind of memory leak before? I heard that rel.1.3 fixed this memory leak problem, but my tests have shown no significant difference in rel.1.2 and 1.3.
Thanks for any help/support.

-Barry Etter Received on Sun Jan 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message