Re: HELP: Designer 2000 v 1.2 with Oracle 7.2 for win95

From: Ismo Tuononen <ismo_at_sasu1.carelian.fi>
Date: 1996/12/31

"Shawn Odekirk" <shawno_at_erudite.com> writes:

>Ismo Tuononen <ismo_at_sasu1.carelian.fi> wrote in article
><ismo.851347968_at_sasu1>...
>> "Jacques Jordan" <Jacques.Jordan_at_quickmail.llnl.gov> writes:
>>
>> >Can anyone forward me the steps I need to take when installing the
>> >repository definitions into Personal Oracle 7 for windows95? When I run
>> >the scripts I continue to get errors. I thought there may be someone who
>> >has successfully installed Designer 2000 out there who can help me.
>> >Thanks...
>>
>> Designer 2000 v 1.2 don't work in win95, you must have v 1.3
>>
>> >Jacques Jordan
>> >jjordan_at_oboe.calpoly.edu
>>
>> Ismo
>>

>It seems to me that Designer 2000 v1.2 DOES work under Windows 95.

>We are installing it right now, and so far it looks like it works. We have
>not installed the repository definitions yet, so I can't help you there. I'll
>let you know if we get those installed successfully.

>Shawn

I used v 1.2 and everythig was fine about one week, I could create ERDs, use database wizard to convert ERD to tables, in fact i could do everything.

but when i started to generate forms i get into troubles, sometimes i could generate 5 forms, sometimes system crashed when i was generating first form. then i had to turn power off from PC, because W95 didn't go down at all.

I called to support and they said that v 1.2 is not supported in W95. So I installed v 1.3 and it works ok.

Ismo Received on Tue Dec 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message