Re: Oracle Date query

From: janet <janet_at_telesph.com>
Date: 1996/12/20

The present date format is actually much more than DD-MON-YY. It includes time and more importantly century. The default display format is DD-MON-YY, that's all. What Miran suggested will work to change your default - but all the info is in there. that's an important difference, i think. try:
select to_char(date_col,'dd-mon-yyyy') from table1; and you'll see the century you have in there.