Re: Need Help using HOST

From: Internal Medicine <scott-dart_at_uiowa.edu>
Date: 1996/12/19

If the only motivation for going into SQL*Plus is to connect to another database, you can simply disconnect the current session in forms, and reconnect the user automatically to the correct database, run the procedure in Forms (as a stored program unit, or even as a stored procedure at the database level). upon completion, you could disconnect the session, and reconnect the user to the original database (the login and password could have been stored before disconnecting).

Hope this helps

Raymond G Boyd <raymondb_at_global.net.au> wrote in article <32B2445A.249_at_global.net.au>...