Re: Forms4.5 Trigger when entering a character in a new record

From: Nick Butcher <nickb_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1996/12/12

I've done something similar by creating a timer in a WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE trigger.
The original contents of the item should be stored in a global or package variable.
The timer would last for say 100 milliseconds and repeat. By comparing the contents of the item with the original value during a WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger you can determine whether the operator has updated the item, and then fire off some appropriate action. You need to be very careful about tidying up afterwards but this procedure works very smoothly.

Nick Butcher
Home: nickb_at_btinternet.com
Work: nickb_at_kalamazoo.co.uk

Volker Hauswurz <VHAUSWUR_at_Materna.DE> wrote in article <VHAUSWUR.61.32AC0FBE_at_Materna.DE>...