Re: embedded SQL question?

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/12/10

ruihua_at_cat.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Rui Hua Sarah YANG) wrote:
>Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me whether I can use a variable to replace a table name in a
> embedded SQL program(The purpose is to make the program generic)? If you
> know the answer, would you please tell me how to do it? Thanks!
> my email address is : ruihua_at_cs.mu.oz.au
>ruihua_at_cat.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Rui Hua Sarah YANG) wrote:
>Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me whether I can use a variable to replace a table name in a
> embedded SQL program(The purpose is to make the program generic)? If you
> know the answer, would you please tell me how to do it? Thanks!
> my email address is : ruihua_at_cs.mu.oz.au

Hi there,

You need to PREPARE and execute the SQL statement to acheive your objectives. Please refere to PRO*C manual appendix, an example is described in detail.

An example

   strcpy(sql_stmt.arr, "select c1, c2 from ");    strcat(sql_stmt.arr, table_name.arr);

   EXEC SQL PREPARE sql_stmt;

   EXEC SQL OPEN sql_stmt;

This is just an idea, please refer to PRO*C manual for additional info.

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Tue Dec 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message