Re: How to display # of rows updated in a procedure?

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_dlsun338.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/12/10

In article <01bbe63d$e2df5020$5e5f7380_at_diefenbaker.llnl.gov>, "Jacques Jordan" <Jacques.Jordan_at_quickmail.llnl.gov> writes:
|> Does anyone know how to display the number of rows updated in an Update
|> statement which is executed from a procedure? Is there a implicit cursor
|> variable that stores the number of rows updated?

Yep. SQL%ROWCOUNT will contain the number of rows modified by the previous SQL statement. The other cursor attributes (%ISOPEN, %NOTFOUND, and %FOUND) are also available, although SQL%ISOPEN will always return FALSE since the implicit cursor is closed after the statement is executed.

|> T.I.A.
|>
|> Jacques.Jordan_at_quickmail.llnl.gov

Scott Urman Oracle Corporation surman_at_us.oracle.com

Author of _Oracle PL/SQL Programming_ ISBN 0-07-882176-2 Published by Oracle Press - http://www.osborne.com/oracle/index.htm

"The opinions expressed here are my own, and are not necessarily that of  Oracle Corporation"