Forms 2.3 and Applications

From: Jane <jgrivell_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1996/12/03

Help!!!!!!!!

I am curious if anyone has come up with a really good method of passing custom server side error messages back to the Character based (Forms 2.3) version of Oracle Applications/Financials (without modifying the form). I am attempting to pass the error message from within a database trigger. Raising the error is not a problem but to display a custom error message you have to use back slash, help, errors etc. Using this method would be tedious for the user, with the added disadvantage of only displaying approx 50 characters of the error message.

The GUI version is fine as there is an ON-ERROR trigger that detects if any errors have been raised when control is passed back to the client.

Anxiously awaiting mind blowing replies,

Jane. Received on Tue Dec 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message