Re: How to genereate forms from the DOS command line?

From: Alex Heney <heneya_at_entcf3.agw.co.bt.uk>
Date: 1996/11/29

Andrew Lord wrote:

> Does anyone know how to do this in batch mode without windows?
>
> Regards,
>
> Andy L.
> --
> Andrew Leroy Lord <Andrew_Lord_at_tertio.co.uk>
> Network Systems Management Consultant/Applications Developer.
> This post is my own opinion and not necessarily that of my employers

I do not believe this is possible at all. If you try to run F45GEN (which is the FORMS Generator) program from DOS, you will simply get the message 'This program requires Microsoft Windows'. This occurs even running the program in a DOS session from Windows (although not in a DOS session from windows NT). All the development parts of DEV2000 will only run in a GUI environment (which GUI depends on the version of DEV2000 you own), DOS is emphatically NOT a GUI environment.

Alex H.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.