Re: forms 4.5 and windows 95 controls

From: Kári Poulsen <kapo_at_olivant.fo>
Date: 1996/11/27

RAM MAREDDY <rmareddy_at_calibersys.com> wrote in article <01bbdc94$b1dbe770$1639e028_at_cti-i71-rm01>...
> Hi Denver:
>
> If I am correct:
>
> All the Windows 95 controls are OCX's. Forms 4.5 supports VBX's and OLE
 but
> not OCX's. So, there is no way to include those controls in the Forms 4.5
> development.
>
> Somebody please correct me, if I am wrong.

Well, (as far as I know..) Windows 95 controls are just 32-bit controls. In the beginning there was VBX (ver 1, etc..) They became then OCX-controls,
meaning basically VBX-controls with OLE capabilities. Then came 32-bit OCX controls for 32-bit OS. They are __not__ compatible with any of the above. Some of these controls use regular Windows95 display controls.

In fact OCX does not even exist today. They're called ActiveX controls. Confused?? --

Regards
 Kári Poulsen
 Faroese Broadcasting

BTW: to the thread above: Technically I guess it would be possible to build 32-bit controls from OLE, provided that Forms now support extended capabilities
of OLE, which I doubt.. Received on Wed Nov 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message