Re: Developer/2k install screwed up my setup!

From: Mike Madland <mikemad_at_asymetrix.com>
Date: 1996/11/25

jwdxt_at_boco.co.gov (Jim Deeming) wrote:

>John Duska (duska_at_srfs.pitt.edu) wrote:
>>I had Oracle 7.3 installed and working on a Netware server. Then I
>>installed Developer 2000. Now I can't even connect to the server using
>>SQL+ or even the ODBC test. In fact, I can't even ping the server using
>>TNSPing anymore. What happened?
>>thanks,
>>John
>> John M. Duska | Senior Systems Analyst
>> mailto:duska_at_srfs.pitt.edu | Information Resources
>> http://www.pitt.edu/~pauj4m | University of Pittsburgh

Check to see if Dev2K installed sql*net v2.2 on your client. If you have Sql*Net v2.3 installed on the client and the put on 2.2, it get's screwed up. Reinstall the SQL*Net 2.3 client and then install the Dev2K with the custom option to pick only the portions of DEV2K you want, NOT Sql*Net 2.2.

Mike Madland
mikemad_at_asymetrix.com Received on Mon Nov 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message