record validation status

From: Damon Bowman <dbowman2_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/11/19

[Quoted] I am using a When-Create-Record trigger to populate some items with data-driven default values. How can I prevent Forms 4.5 from attempting to validate this record when the user has not entered anything?

In other words, I would like the default values I am populating with triggers to behave as if they were being set via the Default Value item property. I have tried setting the record status to NEW, but the internal validation status is apparently not the same as the status I can modify with the Set_Record_Property built-in. I have also tried setting the individual items to VALID after populating their values.

Any suggestions? I am considering a key-prevrec trigger that checks each field for entered values, then clears the record if no fields have been entered. This is not an ideal solution, because it does not handle new records that are the only record in the block. It also does not handle mouse navigation out of the record. Received on Tue Nov 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message