TextServer example program gives TXR-0709

From: Steve_Kilbane <steve_at_phantom.cegelecproj.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/08

[Quoted] Can anyone shed any light on what the following actually means?

TXR-00709 no hitlist/slect list columns selected from table %s Cause No Columns selected from hitlist / select list [no kidding...] Action Check hitlist column definition and contact Oracle Support

I get this when using rtaea to retrieve data from my own text table, using:

select contents from df_files where contents contains 'perl'

(rtaea reports several hits; it just blows up attempting to fetch the hitlist)

When using a similar query on the example tables, rtaea works:

select page from book where page contains 'books'

However, using rtadmin, I can perform the first query on my own tables and retrieve data without problems. Otherwise, I might suspect that it's because my "contents" column is LONG RAW, and the "page" column in the example tables is LONG.

This is with TextServer 3.1, RDBMS 7.2.3, Solaris 2.5.

steve

--
<Steve_Kilbane_at_cegelecproj.co.uk>
ISPs are responsible for maintaining the Information Superhighway. They