Looking for assistance with OraTerm (Unix)

From: Alan Johnson <alan.johnson_at_gel.com>
Date: 1996/10/31

Hi folks,

 Here's my problem. I talk to my Oracle Database throught Forms 3.0 running on a Sun box talking to another Sun box. We use Macs, PCs, and Wyse-60 terms, all in vt100 emulation, to talk to the Sun. The problem is that the Macs (running NCSA Telnet) using my customized oraterm.r (standard key sequences, etc) are not able to use the numeric keypad. However, if I use the Oracle supplied vt220.r resource file, I DO have a working keypad. So, I sez to myself "self, just copy from the vt220.r into my default.r file the diffs, and it will work!". The "diffs" to me are the "Key X" entries in the device section of the product.

Namely, the vt220.r has enties of the form:

  Key 0 10022
  Key 1 10023

and the default.r did not. However, when adding these to my default, I still don't get the numeric keypad functional.

Any ideas? Where else might this info live in the oraterm.r file?

Alan Received on Thu Oct 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message