Re: Returning a REF cursor

From: <franmerar229_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 04:49:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 1:34:26 PM UTC-5, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 19:07:43 +0200, Michel Cadot wrote:
>

> > No problem for me.
> >
> > Regards Michel
>
> You have properly declared the v_data variable as SYS_REFCURSOR, and the
> OP did not. Also, if the cursor needs to be returned, maybe a function
> would be more appropriate than a procedure?
>

> --
> Mladen Gogala
> The Oracle Whisperer
> http://mgogala.byethost5.com

[Quoted] This helps. I guess I was hoping not to pass all 20+ parameters that this procedure accepts.

As a function, I am able to call the function passing only the parameters I need, using the named parameter method.

But in this syntax, if I omit the first parameter, I get an error.

There must be a way, say from SQLPlus, to call a procedure, and only supply the parameters you need for that call.....not all of the parameters in a positional line.......

Thanks. Received on Mon Aug 01 2016 - 13:49:41 CEST

Original text of this message