Re: oracle 10.2.0.4 enterprise on windows client tracing

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 09:23:37 -0800 (PST)

On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 2:21:41 AM UTC-8, chris..._at_coveainsurance.co.uk wrote:
> I am interested in capturing sql statements/info from an identified session
>
> I have been using following examples ( with sid,serial as params )
>
> exec dbms_system.set_bool_param_in_session(137,1832,'timed_statistics',true);
>
> exec dbms_system.set_int_param_in_session(137,1832,'max_dump_file_size',2147483647);
>

> exec dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session(137,1832,true);
>
> I have only got this to work when I have had access to the session in question to alter the sql_trace variable, but I can't do this for someone else's session.
>

> I understand that these procedures are not supported by oracle , so I wondered if anyone had experience of getting the above method working or maybe using an alternative approach
>
> regards
> Chris B

I don't know (I played around with oradebug a long while ago and was able to do things with that), but I suspect you must have a privilege issue. See the "Checking the privileges of the packages used to set trace" section of http://www.petefinnigan.com/ramblings/how_to_set_trace.htm

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/two-years-later-java-still-broken-due-to-faulty-oracle-patch-501633.shtml