Re: Becoming a religion

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 19:06:31 +0100

On 23.03.2015 17:12, joel garry wrote:

> Personally, I think linkedin is worse. The vast majority of the
> replies to articles are some variant of "great article!" or sometimes
> incoherent ramblings just to get noticed. I don't mind getting
> skills rating - from you guys, it actually means something, most are
> useless, often pandering. Of course, most of the articles are just
> blather from people who think they have to publish or perish. Even
> with the rare rough diamond, it's still difficult to take seriously.
> The whole thing is tinged with the crappy marketing it engenders.

Then it did not change since I last checked. Good to know. Thanks for the update, Joel!

> All we want is a place to help, learn and communicate, right? You'd
> think that is like asking for world peace.

Yeah, it's sad. But every place you will find someone who spoils the fun. Here it's advertisements of trainings that are completely unrelated to Oracle databases, there it's a jerk running berserk etc.

Kind regards

        robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/