Re: Becoming a religion

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 14:47:37 +1100

On 21/03/2015 3:20 AM, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> Is it really not possible for you to play nice?

Yeah, that's what that list has become: a place where dissent and open and frank discussion is discouraged and everyone "plays nice". Hence why I left.

> I am really loathe to start banning people from
> the list, as I think it can be a slippery slope

BWAHAHAHA! Thank God someone finally said it...

 > If people leave, the
> value of the list diminishes.

Hear that, Mladen? We're not "people". That's why the value has not diminished for our leaving. And others. It wasn't just us.

> implications is that the list, somehow, has a value and that the list
> administrator has a duty to protect the "value" from the bad guys like
> yours truly.

In other words: toe the line or your value goes. Perfectly in character for that lot.

> This
> is becoming eerily similar to scientology, with the word of L. Ellison in
> place of the word of L. Ron. Same hysteric reactions seen from the
> priests in Scientology can also be seen on the list.

Hint: what makes you think it's not being inspired by EXACTLY and precisely the same thought process?

> This priesthood thing, of course, has a $$ sign written all over it, just
> like the other "priesthood" casts. It's an attempt to monopolize the
> consulting because such a monopoly could make money for the cast members.

Typical Accenture politics. That's why they were mocked and reduced to nothing here in Australia after many well publicized dishonest "audits" by Arthur Andersen. Changing the name didn't change the flies.

> oracle-l. Now, it seems to be the time to leave oracle-l to the "valued
> members" and go with LinkedIn again. Apparently, LinkedIn doesn't have to
> "protect value" for the shareholders. I think I will leave the new church
> of Oraclelogy all by itself.

See ya there. There are other places too, but I won't go into it. LinkedIn is more than enough. Received on Sat Mar 21 2015 - 04:47:37 CET

Original text of this message