EMC DD Boost for Microsoft Applications, ddbmexptool nonfunctional

From: Al Huntley <altonhuntley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 06:49:50 -0800 (PST)

I know this is oracle group, but maybe you've see the same issue with the Oracle plugin for Boost... Is anyone using "EMC Data Domain Boost for Microsoft Applications" that lets you backup MS-SQL DBs to DataDomain? If so, has ANYONE had any success getting ddbmexptool, the program to delete expired backups, to do anything? Syntax in the doco doesn't seem to work and I only get errors like: libDDBoost version: major: 2, minor: 6, patch: 2, engineering: 5, build: 430104 Unable to complete the media database range lookup. The error status is '4'.

or
Error encountered while retrieving information from the lockbox for the device host 'mydatadomainIPaddress': The requested Lockbox entry could not be found.

EMC support is unresponsive on Boost for Microsoft Applications issues, misdirecting it to people who can't help, and not getting back to me. Current ticket was supposed to have callback in 2 hours, but I'm now on my second day with no callback. And at the online EMC support site I can no longer see the ticket. Has anyone had success with ddbmexptool? THANKS. Received on Fri Feb 20 2015 - 15:49:50 CET

Original text of this message