Re: Another newsgroup gone - may they rest in peace.

From: Peter Schneider <pschneider1968_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 21:32:50 +0200

Am 24.08.2014 18:44, schrieb Mladen Gogala:

> I use pan newsreader with filtering. It kills 99.9% of spam on this
> group. It took me some time, but I don't see any spam any more.

Ok, but what's left then? The issue is that because this group is 95% spam meanwhile, and most people (including me - filtering at by NNTP server provider just isn't working any more, either) just don't want to invest time and effort to fine tune their spam filters.

So because the group is plagued this way, almost nobody is writing on-topic posting here anymore.

The instance in charge here is Google - it's their mail accounts that are being abused, and it's their NNTP web interface that is massively being abused. Unfortunately, they don't seem to care; and honestly - why should they? They can't place ads in usenet postings, so they don't give a damn.

*sigh*

"It's dead, Jim!"

Regards
Peter

--
Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge,
enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world,