Re: Apex performance

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 10:45:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, July 8, 2014 10:28:33 AM UTC-7, r..._at_neurozoid.com wrote:

> Hi, nah got rid of the hint. No difference, its not locking anything, just smashing the IO subsystem with those direct reads...weird stuff...

No idea, but see http://www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/READ-wait-events-when-inserting-data-into-a-CLOB and I have a vague memory of Tanel or Jonathan or someone posting something more on a blog about this type of issue. You may have to delve into tracing to see what apex is doing different.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.informationweek.in/informationweek/interviews/296936/oracle-srinivasan-rangaswami-importance-bi-analytics-commerce-players