Re: External table and preprocessor

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 08:48:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Monday, May 12, 2014 7:37:10 AM UTC-7, Mauro V wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have an external table where I MUST use PREPROCESSOR
>
> PREPROCESSOR exec_dir: 'myPrecocessor.sh'
>

> Where myPreprocessor.sh is:
>
> #!/bi/sh
>
> cat `cat $1`
>

> The files in the external table doesn't contain the data but the file name with the data.
>

> To read data we use a select with parallel, but parallel no used.
>
> Perhaps optimizer doesn't see the size of dat files, there is a way to pass to optinizer the size? Doi I hav eto substitute cat with co to /dev/stdout?
>

> Thanks

Welcome to the group! You need to give more information for people to help you, including your version, the create table statement or preferably a simplification of it, with test data to demo the problem.

I don't know much about it, but I would guess you need to have multiple files listed in the location part of the create table. Not sure how you would do that dynamically, I can think of ways, but it would be more appropriate for you to show what you've tried and what you want.

For more information about this group, see http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.