Re: Best way to restore database back to previous point in time

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 23:31:39 +1100

On 22/03/2014 2:18 PM, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> ever since. The technology itself hasn't changed much, it still uses
> "ALTER DATABASE BEGIN/END BACKUP". Sad truth is that rman doesn't have a
> snapshot API.

Read somewhere that it is either in 12c or the next one. About bloody time rman recognizes what everyone else is doing... The other one that apparently is in 12c (haven't checked it, so I say "apparently") is the consistent restore of a single table with PIT recovery. Kinda neat! Received on Sat Mar 22 2014 - 13:31:39 CET

Original text of this message