Re: impdp with 11g on Windows gives 4031 error

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 16:45:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 2:10:16 PM UTC-7, Guyren Howe wrote:
> unable to allocate 84 bytes of shared memory("shared pool").
>

> I see advice to increase some memory settings to fix this, but the advice is all over the map and when I've tried to change Oracle's memory settings on Windows in the past, I've managed to get Oracle to stop working.
>

> This is an 8GB Windows Vista machine, and I'm only trying to import a 2GB file.
>

> Anyone know the answer?

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 2:10:16 PM UTC-7, Guyren Howe wrote:
> unable to allocate 84 bytes of shared memory("shared pool").
>

> I see advice to increase some memory settings to fix this, but the advice is all over the map and when I've tried to change Oracle's memory settings on Windows in the past, I've managed to get Oracle to stop working.
>

> This is an 8GB Windows Vista machine, and I'm only trying to import a 2GB file.
>

> Anyone know the answer?

There are notes on MOS about how to deal with 4031 errors, as well as a tool to figure out what is wrong.

Shared pool errors usually mean something has fragmented the code in your shared pool, which usually means something wants to run that can't find enough contiguous memory. However, there are also bugs in some versions.

Bug 13465107 : IMPORT DATA PUMP VERY SLOW AND RAISE ORA-04031 mentions the error comes from using deferred segments in some of the objects being imported, and the slow is the bug they are working on. 11.2.0.3 has that one.

If rebooting doesn't fix the problem, try posting your non-default init.ora parameters and your patch level so people can help.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://heeris.id.au/2013/this-is-why-you-shouldnt-interrupt-a-programmer