Re: Acessing password protected network drive

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 22:28:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:32:29 -0800, Tiago wrote:

> Oracle 11.2.0.2 running on Windows 2008 server 64 bit.
>
> I need to access a remote network path using UTL_FILE and a DIRECTORY
component, to collect and process some XML files.

> The problem is the server where the files I want (over the network)
does not belong to me, but the fine folks who run this server granted me access to a shared folder, something along the lines of //theirserver/ mydata.

> Trouble is, they demand password authentication. If I connect through
windows explorer, it will prompt for username and password and after entering the authentication data I have access granted, no problems. Unfortunately, UTL_FILE.FOPEN does not provide a way to enter username and password and then Oracle can't connect and can't read files. Does anyone know a workaround? Is there any way, even if a Java way?

> Thanks in Advance,
> Tiago

Tiago, Oracle should not be mounting CIFS shares. That is the job for the OS itself. On Linux, I would install fuse-smb and configure fusesmb.conf. All the shares would me mounted on the system startup. I am not sure how to do that on Windows, that is not my OS of choice.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer