Re: Virtualization

From: Drazen Kacar <dave_at_fly.srk.fer.hr>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 19:33:16 +0000 (UTC)

Mladen Gogala wrote:

> This seems to speak of service provider and a service consumer, which is,
> as far as I understand things, about the same thing as an outsourced
> virtual machine, which is what most of the cloud implementations boil
> down to.

I beg to differ about outsourcing. Service provider could be the IT department and service consumer could be the HR department. Both within the same company.

> So we are talking about the same thing.

If we stretch the term "outsourcing". :-)

> As for the security concerns, those are real. There are, at least in my
> experience, very few companies that would outsource their databases,
> which contain the critical business data.

Yes, I completely agree about security concerns being real.

> Things that are outsourced to the cloud usually
> include application servers or business functions like payroll, time
> sheets and alike.

Well, that's something as well. :-)

--
 .-.   .-.    Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely
(_  \ /  _)   ceremonial.