Re: [RAC 11gR2] stress tool

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 02:36:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 00:06:38 +0200, noreply wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was charged to stress a 3-nodes 11gR2 RAC database last week. I have
> tried many approaches in order to detect the "breakpoint" but I failed.
>
> I never reached this limit and thus, I could not conclude anything about
> the current setup.
>
> This is the first time I try to "benchmark" a 11gR2 RAC database and I
> must confess, I have no idea how to break it down.
>
> What tool could I use to reach the breakpoint ? What method would you
> use to do so ?
>
> The nodes are all like this: HP-UX 11iv3 - 8 cores - 16G RAM. 10Gb
> interlink (UDP).
>
> Thank you very much

Now, that's a simple task: create two tables, in a parent->child relationship (foreign key) and update them from all 3 nodes simultaneously, doing a mix of inserts, updates and deletes. Make sure that all 3 nodes do work on the same blocks. It will break it, no matter how powerfull the nodes are.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer