Re: Paralelize CONSTRAINT VALIDATION during impdp

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 02:32:47 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 00:00:55 +0200, noreply wrote:

> Is it normal that with IMPDP PARALLEL=8, the CONSTRAINT VALIDATION step
> is not taking advantage of the PARALLEL parameter ?

Yes. Constraint validation step, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't use parallelism. Never has. What kind of constraint is the problem? You can create constraints separately from the import using a SQL script and then use "NOVALIDATE" clause for the big tables. It's a bit more of the DBA time, but the import will get completed sooner.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer