Re: Larryland

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 09:14:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:55:04 PM UTC-7, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> There is an interesting thread on reddit:
>

> http://www.reddit.com/r/Futurology/comments/1inr7t/google_should_buy_detroit/
>

> The title says it all: some suggest that Google should buy
>
> Detroit. I would be more inclined to see Oracle buy Detroit.
>
> It would be a perfect demonstration for the relational world.
>
> Relational city in the cloud.
>

> --
>
> Mladen Gogala
>
> The Oracle Whisperer
>
> http://mgogala.byethost5.com

This is called "brownfield development." It wouldn't make much economic sense for a tech company to do it at this scale. It goes on for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles. Oh yeah. (apologies to the Who)

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Warren Buffet, on the other hand, has an appropriate company mix for such a thing.  http://contact-center-transformation.tmcnet.com/articles/346816-customer-support-wisdom-from-oracle-omaha.htm