Re: Importing Dmp file from one version to another version db

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 08:40:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:02:45 AM UTC-7, rootnode wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have a dmp files of one table . the dmp files are from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production
>

> I want to export into my oracle db. i have not create any db or tables . i just installed oracle 11g
>

> please any one tell to me how to import into my db..
>

> Thanks in Advance.
>
> krish

Normally one table would not be enough, although if you tell us what exact command was used to create the dump we could be more helpful.

You need a database and a user to own the table. Usually there is a lot more than that needed to actually do anything.

One possibility would be to use dbca to create a database, then dbconsole to create user. Another would be to get a full dump from the original database with rows=N to create everything you need before importing the table.

Much more information is needed to give decent advice. We can't see what you are doing or what your situation is.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/06/amazon-takes-its-rds-out-of-beta-offers-oracle-and-sql-server-hosting/