Re: /oracle file system keeps growing

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 06:48:45 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 16 May 2013 16:37:06 -0700, zigzagdna wrote:

> I am on HP UNIX 11.23 using Oracle 11.7. My file system is 16GB and it
> is 95% full and keeps growing. I am however unable to find which file(s)
> are causing this problem.
>
> I use find command:
> Find . –mtime -2 –size +100 –print I find all files which were modified
> in last 2 days whose size is greater than 100K and I do not see any.
> There are various .trc and .trm but they are only occupying 100M space
> (du –a).
>
> Are there things other than files which Oracle is creating on these file
> systems. If yes, how can I find them.

Oh yes, looking for the files with -mtime -2 (newer than 2 days) will surely help you. Have you ever thought of looking what actually consumes the most of space? Something like this:

[oracle_at_medo oracle]$ du -sm *|sort -n

1	checkpoints
1	oradata
1	oradiag_oracle
1	oradiag_root
3	cfgtoollogs
9	admin
71	diag
4631	product

[oracle_at_medo oracle]$

What would you say, where should I look for the space issues? Those configuration logs look suspicious enough, wouldn't you say?

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer