Re: oracle data masking: is it possible, if we need, after masking a column, to obtain the original value ?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 09:14:40 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 14, 4:02 am, fores_..._at_gva.es wrote:
> We are beginning with Oracle Data masking and a user of us ask about the posibilitie ot retriev the original value after masking the data, if he need for any reason.

I wouldn't know, but I would guess that since the data is actually replaced, the answer would have to be "no, you need to keep the original data." That is the point of the product. Of course, since it is an update, there may be a flashback. But the same could be said about any backup, the answer to that is don't propagate backups or a db that can be flashed back. If you need data, back it up.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/pdf/511890.pdf

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.