Converting fields from Double to String while writing a table view

From: Matt Whitman <mgwhitman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:39:01 -0800 (PST)

Good Afternoon,

I am in the process of transitioning from working in Access to PL/SQL. I am writing a series of table views and have the need to convert a field from a double to a string directly in the table view using SQL. This is needed to join the field with a spatial database that I am working with. Does anyone have any advice as to the best practice data type conversation. I have tried using the Char function but was unsuccessful and I'm not confident that is the best practice. Any advice or examples would be appreciated

Regards,

-MGW Received on Fri Nov 16 2012 - 00:39:01 CET

Original text of this message