Uninstalling Oracle 11g RAC from a Windows Server 2008

From: Big George <jbeteta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 15:18:22 -0700 (PDT)

Trying to uninstall a Oracle 11g RAC from a Windows Server 2008. Following instructions on: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e25666/rem_orcl.htm

I was able to run batch: C:\app\oracle\product> 11.2.0\dbhome_1\deinstall\deinstall.bat

Final messages was about succesfully uninstallation.

However, I had problems trying to delete folder c:\app. According to Oracle forums, on Windows there are known problems that generic process 'svchost.exe' locks some Oracle DLLs at boot time. To solve the issue I followed instructions:

  1. rename %ORACLE_HOME%\bin to something else 2) reboot the machine 3) now delete the complete folder

Then I went to Registry and deleted key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE \Oracle

Then reboot machine.

Problem is that Oracle Services still exists on Windows Services (services.msc). So I still see
- Oracle Object Service

  • OracleASMService+ASM1
  • OracleJobSchedulerINTER1
  • OracleOHService
  • OracleOraCrs11g_home1TNSListener
  • OracleOraCrs11g_home1TNSListenerLISTENER_SCAN1
  • OracleServiceINTER1 hose services point to erased executables like:

C:\app\11.2.0\grid\BIN\TNSLSNR

because C:\app folder was deleted.

What should I do to remove those services from Windows? Received on Mon Oct 01 2012 - 00:18:22 CEST

Original text of this message