Re: has anyone a 1 License Oracle 10g on a quad core?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 03:31:02 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 03 Sep 2012 19:48:29 +0100, Eric wrote:

> On 2012-09-03, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 02 Sep 2012 10:43:18 -0700, John Hurley wrote: >>

> This is Usenet. Ask all you want but people will post what they want.

That applies to me, too. I can also post what I want.

> can get as annoyed about a "please do my job" post as anyone, but often
> a bit of patience and a pointed question or two will educate them to
> make more reasonable requests for help.

Sometimes, more direct educational methods are required. I am not a trigger happy person, but with the guys like zigzagdna or dbaplusplus, more "gloves off" teaching methodology is required.

> If you don't want to do that,
> ignore them, there are not so many at the moment that it will cost you
> much time to do that.
>
> Or do you not want (relative) beginners asking questions here at all?
>
> Eric

We are talking about the guys like zigzagdna and dbaplusplus. John sided with both of them and it took quite some effort on my part to explain them the benefits of reading manuals. Of course, I've also had some fun, but that's life. As you have said earlier, this is Usenet, nobody can stop anyone from posting, even if the poster is having fun.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://mgogala.freehostia.com