Re: has anyone a 1 License Oracle 10g on a quad core?

From: John Hurley <johnthehurley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 16:45:40 -0700 (PDT)

Mladen:

# I apologize if it came across as an insult but it was meant as an innocuous joke.

You don't know me and I don't know you except thru postings on the internet.

Feel free to come to one of the excellent conferences that my user group runs ( NEOOUG ) ... next year we have Tom Kyte as well as Chris Date and perhaps we will meet. Not hard to find me as VP of Development Technologies. ( Well of course you have to pay for the conference ... not a free invite ). Open World 2012 is anoother possibility.

Beyond that please keep your "innocuous jokes" that include my name to yourself. Keep it relevant to the thread topic please.

Before this thread was hijacked we were "discussing" my assertion that not even the rookies would fall for the "somewhat weak" tricks that Oracle is trying to use to get people to connect their test/ development/production systems into the mothership.

I am still "hopeful" that this is the case but as Joel noted ... we just don't know. Received on Fri Aug 31 2012 - 18:45:40 CDT

Original text of this message