Re: Big Data analytics with Hadoop

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 21:27:33 +1000

joel garry wrote,on my timestamp of 17/07/2012 1:59 AM:

> Well, I think one thing they are trying to do is data mining,
> separating the very small wheat from the very large chaff. Far be it
> for me to get in their way. It's just so far away from what I do it's
> hard to understand why anyone would care.

I said it before and it's never been more actual:

"Forget No-SQL! The next data frontier is No-DATA: you take a punt at the result and filter the quantum soup until it matches your guess. Who needs factual data confirmation? That's sooooo 80s!
Look at how much we'd »SAVE« in storage and backup infrastructure!"

Mark my words: it WILL happen!

> has a lot of exciting opportunities. Dumbass marketers and other
> leaches try to sell to us inappropriately. Well-proven technologies
> get decremented too fast. That's the thing we must fight.

Resistence is futile against the most basic lack of knowledge and training...

> history on their own. It's an unfortunate corollary that the best
> technology won't win. I revel in the Schadenfreude

Bingo. Received on Tue Jul 17 2012 - 06:27:33 CDT

Original text of this message