Re: DBWR performance

From: <andrew.protasov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 11:14:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Sunday, May 20, 2012 12:55:11 PM UTC-5, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Sun, 20 May 2012 09:29:34 -0700, andrew.protasov wrote:
>
> > I hope you are not talking software licenses cost here :-).
> >
> > And you should not ignore cost of you storage network - it usually costs
> > way more than your box. I prefer local storage for this reason alone.
> >
> > Andrew
>
> Problem with local storage is that it is hard to share and re-allocate to
> another box, in case of need.

That's exactly second reason why I prefer it - I do not want it to be shared. I plan my capacity, future growth, design, buy and allocate accordingly. If someone has a NEED then it means they did not do their planning and design properly. It is go away and buy you own stuff time.

Collective farm approach is not the best one :-).

Andrew Received on Sun May 20 2012 - 13:14:16 CDT

Original text of this message