Re: Materialized View

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 15:55:17 -0700 (PDT)

On May 18, 3:31 pm, John Hurley <johnthehur..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Joel:
>
> # Nothing happened, you can find it in the Utilities manual.
>
> Don't use adrcl much except for some automated purging of stuff that I
> don't want to keep around anymore.  Can be done in multiple ways like
> finding create/mod times of a file or thru adrcl.
>
> Sorry you lost me ... when do you want to use AVG invoking stuff thru
> adrcl?

I dunno, I was just coming up with an example of how it is not always obvious whether something is PL or SQL and ran across a third case with the same keyword that I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere. I suppose whoever wrote adrci thought being able to come up with averages in reports from log files might be something someone would want to do.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.crn.com/news/data-center/240000620/oracle-hp-release-documents-that-paint-ugly-pictures-of-each-other.htm